onsdag den 21. maj 2014

The Perks of Being a wallflower

Titel: The perks of being a wallflower
Author: Stephen Chbosky
Publishing company: Simon and Schuster 
Genre: Youth

Summary: 
Charlie is a fifteen year old boy and has just started high school. He isn't popular at all, but he is neither a geek. So what is he? He's a wallflower. He observes and learn, but doesn't participate in life. Then he meets Sam and Patrick and their friends. Slowly he starts to try and participate.

Assesment: 
I think this book is amazing (wow I repeat myself a lot). It's a very philosophic book as the John Green books. The difference is that the message is much more clear in the perks of being a wallflower. In the John Green books the message is packed in several layers of cotton wool. If you're really caught up in a book, it isn't funny to take a break and reflect. At least I don't think so. In the perks of being a wallflower the message is much more clear (I will leave it up to you to figure it out). When I read the book I felt young and infinite. It's hard to explain, but I just got this wonderful feeling. I don't know if I'm a wallflower, but I will try to participate too.


Picture: 




Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar